Wednesday, December 29, 2010
How many coincidences are too many? You be the judge!
Linda Muegge (55) was found murdered inside her burning home in Fredericksburg on May 14, 2007.
The following is a list of interesting facts connected with this case that I've referenced to various newspaper accounts by number for documentation purposes.
1) Locals first tried to pass off Ms. Muegge's death as having been due to a house fire.
2) First responders just happened to be training nearby at the time of Ms. Muegge's death, resulting in their being at the crime scene unusually quickly.
3) Ms. Muegge happened to be attacked on the one day everyone who knew her knew she was always at home.
4) The newspapers published conflicting information about previous local homicides.
5) The friend who admitted to being at the murder scene very quickly happened to also have lost her mother to a suspicious death. (See "Boot Ranch" on this blog.)
6) This same friend happens to have her office in the same building as a doctor who is currently developing property close to mine.
7) Ms. Muegge's boyfriend died shortly after she did. He had worked for the Texas Office of the Attorney General.
8) Ms. Muegge had worked at a local title company.
9) An animal of Ms. Muegge's was shot a year before her death.
10) Both Ms. Muegge and her friend's late mother were born in Buffalo, New York.
Update, 2/14: According to KXAN Investigates, the Muegge case is active again, and they are asking for any tips anyone might have. In their recent coverage, KXAN stated that Ms. Muegge was stabbed in the head, which is different from the accounts of her death above. KXAN reports that Ms. Muegge's ex-husband is considered a suspect in the case but that there are also a number of other suspects being looked at.
Update, 5/14, from legal notice published in the Fredericksburg Standard:
Bryla is a lifelong close personal friend of my ex-husband's and the partner of my ex-'s divorce lawyer. The area described in the notice is Ms. Meugge's general neighborhood.
Updated material from the Muegge case can be found at
Thursday, December 16, 2010
This graphic was published recently in the San Antonio Express-News as part of an article entitled "Cartels Targeting Pickups". It illustrates quite nicely many of the things I discussed here a year ago in my post entitled "Hill Country Holidays" (12/29/09).
It also serves as a very effective response by me to a large number of ugly comments left all over this blog by my ex-husband.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Let me count the ways. (Feel free to add the names of other Central Texas youths who have died suddenly and far too young to this list, which is only partial.)
1) Zobek Zapeda
2) Nicole Bryla
3) Preston Nelson
4) Scott Bain
5) Tori Eckert
6) Sherry Oestreich
7) Glenda Hoerster
8) Leighton Burrer
9) Cassie Ann Hough
10) Krista Vollmar
11) Luke Whiting
12) Cody Brown
13) Brown teen
14) Andrew Quasnitschka
15) Austin Wright
16) David Allen Walker
17) Jorge Montalvo
18) Rodolfo Alvarez
19) Tom Webb IV
20) Demetrios Nicholas
21) Courtney Foreman
22) John Dilday
23) Dylan Ross
24) Sammy Herrera
25) Doug DeVos
26) Quinn Kott
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Last Monday, noted South Texas journalist and civil rights activist Carlos Guerra was found dead at a condo at the coast as reported by the San Antonio Express-News.
I'm also including a copy of fellow columnist Cary Clack's moving tribute. Guerra was widely known to be principled, outspoken, and aggressive about seeking the truth--just the sort of writer to be hated by the corrupt.
Carlos Guerra will be sorely missed.
Today I'm adding tributes by others that have also been published in the San Antonio Express-News.
Saturday, December 4, 2010
I received this letter in today's mail, and frankly, I'm not sure why. It's been quite a while since I last asked the DOJ for help. Also, this response is ridiculous, given the level of police and public corruption here, the fact that my children and I are under illegal surveillance with federal equipment, the fact that high-level political and law enforcement personnel are involved in committing crimes against us, the fact that I've received a death threat from a law enforcement officer, and MUCH more, all of which is well-documented on this blog.